In one of my first posts, I wrote about a close friend of mine who happens to be my inspiration for this blog and is a lesbian. I thought I would talk about her a little more today. Hmm… where to start? Well her name is Cassandra, she is a college student, and a devoted LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) activist. She is what you call a people person; she has friends everywhere and is always saying hi to someone. That’s one of the qualities I love about her because no matter who you are she’ll introduce herself and talk to you as if you’ve been friends forever and that’s actually how we met. It was my first year of college, I went to visit a friend at her dorm and Cassandra was there. The moment I walked in she immediately started talking to me, made me feel a part of her circle of friends, and eventually her, two friends, and I became roommates the following year. We’ve been best of friends since then and her friendship means the world to me.

(Cassandra and I)
Cassandra and I have discussions on practically everything. Whenever we are together, we talk about anything from our day, the news, jokes, thoughts, dilemmas, and our dreams. When I told her I was doing a blog on pro same sex marriage, she was so happy. She really liked the fact that I chose this topic because she knows it is something that is highly controversial at the moment, yet is of great importance to her and the GLBT community. She would like to get married to her special someone in the future and doesn’t want to have to move to Canada or Massachusetts to do it because those are the only states which legalize same sex marriage. I hope that positive changes will be made regarding this issue and that legislation will finally allow same sex marriage. Therefore, when her special day does come around she will be able to celebrate it wherever she pleases.
- check back for an entry from Cassandra and her views on same sex marriage soon
No comments:
Post a Comment