Since my blog is on the topic of same sex marriages it has made me wonder… What is the exact definition of marriage?
Well Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines marriage as “the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law.” Their second definition was referred to as same sex marriage, which they defined as “the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage.”
I was actually quite surprised to see they mentioned anything about same sex marriage in their definition; I’m positive a few years ago that the second definition wouldn’t have been included. I guess times are a changing and it might not seem like a big deal to see that definition posted, but it just goes to show that same sex marriages are being recognized and that marriage shouldn’t have to only be between a man and woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment