I can’t pin point whether or not I feel Arnold Schwarzenegger a.k.a. the Terminator, is one of my bad guys or not. Reason being that yes he does help the gay community by supporting and signing laws that strengthen tax rights to gay partners, hate crime protections, and domestic partnerships. Certainly those are great actions and help for the gay community, which is a positive thing. Yet, he is also in favor of Proposition 22, which defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman. His actions are confusing at times, well most of the time because when he first ran for office I remember he ran as a pro gay rights Republican.
Those reasons are primarily why I have Arnold Schwarzenegger on my list of bad guys, but even more so because he claims to be a pro gay rights supporter other than his EXCEPTION to gay marriages. Strange…how can he be pro gay rights and NOT support a highly important issue the gay community is trying so hard to pass and long for? Governor Schwarzenegger needs to make up his mind already and fully support the gay community. Going around the bush won’t get him or the those in favor of the legalization of gay marriages anywhere in my eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment