Since my last blog was so disturbing and really pushed my buttons I have to admit it had more than just a negative affect on me. It really got me thinking about my topic way more than I imagined. As I was doing my daily routine, I would catch myself thinking of gay marriage issues and topics I was curious about or wanted to get more information on. One of the main things I couldn’t get off my mind was my interest in couples who have primarily been affected by the illegalization of same sex marriage or have tried getting married.
Earlier today, I was doing research online and came across one of the most positive and insightful websites in favor of same-sex marriage I have ever seen. The website is called 10couples.org and their mission is for viewers to meet 10 couples they have selected and to share their stories and lives with us through a video clip. They all share their unique stories relating to topics such as how they both met, how their life is currently affected by not being able to get married and receiving benefits that are important to them. One couple in particular shared their story on how they were able to get married and how it was rescinded a month later. Listening to all these stories truly touched me in so many ways and got my mind thinking even more. There was one story in particular that truly touched my heart and that was the story of Dick and Bob. I encourage all of you to visit this website, listen to at least one of the stories, and try to understand what it must feel like to live in their shoes and not being able to have the same benefits and protection rights as other equally committed and married couples have.
Visit www.10couples.org
Earlier today, I was doing research online and came across one of the most positive and insightful websites in favor of same-sex marriage I have ever seen. The website is called 10couples.org and their mission is for viewers to meet 10 couples they have selected and to share their stories and lives with us through a video clip. They all share their unique stories relating to topics such as how they both met, how their life is currently affected by not being able to get married and receiving benefits that are important to them. One couple in particular shared their story on how they were able to get married and how it was rescinded a month later. Listening to all these stories truly touched me in so many ways and got my mind thinking even more. There was one story in particular that truly touched my heart and that was the story of Dick and Bob. I encourage all of you to visit this website, listen to at least one of the stories, and try to understand what it must feel like to live in their shoes and not being able to have the same benefits and protection rights as other equally committed and married couples have.
Visit www.10couples.org
2 comments:
While showing the bad side may be effective, I agree with you that the positive is just as powerful. We can see a video like that in your previous post, and agree that 'Yes, it is wrong,' but it's the positive true stories that inspire and create an emotional effect on the reader. Keep it up!
That was a really cool website. I look forward to seeing what other research you bring to this blog. INFORM THE PEEEEOPLE!
Post a Comment